SubTag

A blog from Schubbe Resch Chiropractic and Physical Therapy.

Monday, June 25, 2018

Yesterday I made my first attempt at "No Sit Tuesday". Driving in the car was tough to say the least. (No I didn't stand in the car.) What I did do however, was stand all day at work and then perform all my normal duties that would require sitting at a desk or doing notes in the seated position, standing. Fortunately I am blessed with a very active job but what I didn't realize is how much I do end up sitting throughout the day.
I CHALLENGE you๐Ÿ‘‰ to choose to perform one activity today that you would normally do sitting and stand instead.

Sitting in a nutshell contributes to:




Image may contain: 2 people, including Will Curtis DC, people standing and indoorImage may contain: 1 person, standing and indoor1) Shortened (tight) hip flexors
2) Deactivated (Weak/turned off) gluteus musculature 
3) Increased lumbar intradiscal pressure
4) Increased incidence of pelvic/lumbar misalignment

Our bodies are creatures of habit just like our minds, they don't like change. If you sit all day, your body thinks that is it's normal position and then ๐Ÿ‘† happens.

Give "No Sit Tuesday" a try and for extra credit mix in some hip flexor stretching and glute activation exercises throughout your day.

Also, Follow/Friend request Will Curtis DC on Facebook for more helpful lifestlyes tips.

As always,
A body in motion, stays in motion
Image result for bird dog exercise
Bird Dog
Image result for glute bridge
Glute Bridge
Image result for hip flexor stretch
Hip Flexor Stretch

No comments:

Post a Comment